Smart-ID accounts are device-based – each device can have one account. It means that:
- Transferring a SIM-card from one phone to another does not transfer Smart-ID
- Your account is safe: no one can accidentally “log in” to your account from their device
- You can have as many accounts as you want – one for each device you use.
- When you get a new phone, simply download the app and register a new account. It is very easy, especially with our new biometric identification.
You should always delete the Smart-ID accounts that you no longer use. First of all, it helps to keep your data safe. Secondly, it’s for your own comfort – if you only use one device for Smart-ID, but have multiple active accounts, you’ve got to go through an extra step with each verification (to confirm which device you want to use).
Deleting your account:
If you are upgrading or changing your phone, delete the old account when you have your new account in place. If your smart device has been lost or stolen, delete your old account as soon as possible.
There are several ways to delete your inactive accounts:
- if you still have access to your old smart device, use the Smart-ID app to remove the account. This is the easiest and fastest way
- if you can’t use your app to delete the account, sign in to the Smart-ID portal and deactivate the accounts that you no longer require
- You can also contact our customer services for assistance if your smart device has been lost or stolen, or visit your local bank office to deactivate your accounts if you can’t do it through electronic channels.
Was your account deleted by Smart-ID?