|Can be used for:|
|Bank office visit:||NO|
|Device requirements:||The same*||The same*|
|Account valid for:||3 years||3 years|
|Multiple accounts allowed:|
|Available for minors:||Varies**||Varies**|
|Price and fees:||FREE||FREE|
|Available in countries:|
- You need the latest Smart-ID app version (v18 or newer): if you’ve turned on automatic updates, you’re good to go. If you’ve disabled automatic updates, you might need to update the app manually.
- You will need to authenticate your account the same way you did when you registered your account originally. Choose which ever authentication method is easiest for you: ID-card, mobile-ID, biometric identification, bank link or visiting a bank office.
- A few minutes of your time: updating the account will take just a few minutes.
Technical requirements for account renewal
ANDROID: Minimum operating system Android 4.4
IOS: Minimum operating system iOS 11
- iPhone 5S or newer
- iPod Touch (5th generation) or newer
- iPad 2 or newer
- iPad Mini since first generation
- Android: any device using Android 4.4 or newer is suitable
NB! If you are using an older operating system, you won’t be able to update your Smart-ID to the latest version and you may not receive automatic in-app notifications about account expiration. In this case, to keep using Smart-ID you will need to register a new account (using an older supported Smart-ID app version) and delete your existing account.