Whether you can register a Smart-ID account with the new generation Latvian ID-number (starting with digits 32) depends on your chosen registration method and account type.
- If you want to use bank link authentication to register a Smart-ID Basic account, you can do it with either the old or the new ID-numbers. Just remember that a Smart-ID Basic account is limited to online banking and you can’t use it to access other e-services.
- If you want to register a full Smart-ID account (full access to all e-services and digital signing):
- If you have the new generation ID-number, you need to visit a bank office with your smart device and your ID-card or passport.
- Or, if you’ve used Smart-ID before and you’re an adult, you can also register using biometric identification.
- Read more about national ID numbers.