Whether you can register a Smart-ID account with the new generation Latvian ID-number (starting with digits 32) depends on your chosen registration method and account type.
- If you want to register a full Smart-ID account (full access to all e-services and digital signing):
- Latvian new personal code owners 32* can use ID-card to register Smart-ID full acces acount, including minors (using biometric indetfication)
- Visitng bank office with your smart device and your ID-card or passport.
- Read more about national ID numbers.
- If you want to use bank link authentication to register a Smart-ID Basic account, you can do it with either the old or the new ID-numbers. Just remember that a Smart-ID Basic account is limited to online banking and you can’t use it to access other e-services.