Problem: Smart-ID notifications are not arriving when the phone is using a mobile internet connection. There are no problems with Smart-ID notifications when phone is connected to a Wifi network (at home or in the office).
Possible cause: Notifications require Google Play Services to work correctly and Google Play Services rely a lot on background data exchange. It may be that background data is restricted for mobile internet connection.
Try following steps for a solution:
- Background data is allowed when using mobile internet
Navigate to Settings > Data Usage
- Open the menu and check that there is option to “Restrict Background Data”. If there is an option to “Allow Background Data” then click on it to allow background data. Background data should not be restricted for Google Play Services application
Navigate to Settings > Apps > Google Play Services
- Open the submenu “Data Usage”
- Make sure that option “Restrict App Background Data” is turned off. Background data should not be restricted for Smart-ID application
Navigate to Settings > Apps > Smart-ID
- Tap on the submenu “Data Usage”
- Make sure that option “Restrict App Background Data” is turned off
Google instructions for enabling background data: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1663315?hl=en