|SEB||n/a||16 y||14 y|
|Swedbank||n/a||0 y||7 y|
|Luminor||n/a||7 y||14 y|
|Šiaulių Bankas||n/a||n/a||7 y|
|Medicinos Bankas||n/a||n/a||14 y|
n/a = Option not available
0y = No age restrictions
* = No age requirements set by Smart-ID, but you need to check with your service provider/mobile operator/issuer for age requirements set by them.
ID-card registration for a minor is not available in Latvia.
Instructions for the child:
- Start your registration and select ‘ID-card’ as the authentication method. After choosing your Smart-ID PIN codes you will be presented with a registration code and redirected to the reg.smart-id.com portal. Follow the instructions there to authenticate using your ID-card.
- The portal should display your parent name(s) and indicate that your Smart-ID account application will need to be signed by one of them. Continue your registration by following the instructions.
- After entering your registration information and reviewing your Smart-ID account application, you will be asked to share the signing link with your parent(s). Share the signing link with your parent by e-mail or copy and share it using your preferred method.
- After sharing the signing link, finish registration in the Smart-ID app as instructed. Your Smart-ID account should be activated when your parent has signed the Smart-ID account application on the signing link you shared.
Instructions for the parent:
- Open the link in the message shared by your child and open the corresponding signing link under your name. Follow the instructions on the page.
- After reading and agreeing to Smart-ID’ Terms & Conditions, you will be presented with the Smart-ID account application for your child. Confirm the application by signing it with your ID-card or Mobile-ID and your child’s Smart-ID account will be activated shortly afterwards.